All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Happy Birthday JustKeepWalking! Cake and Candle Cake and Candle Cake and Candle
July 25, 2018 07:17AM

Happi Bird dey frum me two ewe!

Tank ewe four human being mi frend!

fur realz n hella epic ... wish ewe an awesome literally cool birthday
i donut no anywun as passionate for the sierra as ewe

ok, so anyway... smiling smiley i sez last weekend... yeah, plz don't expect a bday wish on the forum
i'm not going to do that... well... she said she wanted it... so here it is. please
you can do that too.. like reply.. but I guess it's ok if you don't.. I haven't been posting
anything much either... so.. it's ok.. the picts above are one from each trip we
have done this year so far... and am looking forward to many many more.. so, yeah,
it's been a great year and I thank her for all the trips and laughs and fun. for picking
us up and dropping us off on many many adventures. for the planning and scheming
and tv time and boating and all the hiking and road trips and music and
bickering and discussing and gearing up and setting up and recharging and
friendship. thank you!

Have a great birthday party!

See you in August! Yay!

How the Chick-on travels
pancakes
sleeping in tent
bacon!
Dancing GIrl
pizza slice
BBQ!

smiling smiley

Chick-on is looking at you!
Re: Happy Birthday JustKeepWalking! Cake and Candle Cake and Candle Cake and Candle
July 25, 2018 10:42AM
Yes, Happy Birthday JKW. Thanks for all your contributions. It has been a pleasure to meet you IRL. Keep enjoying the Sierra!
Re: Happy Birthday JustKeepWalking! Cake and Candle Cake and Candle Cake and Candle
July 25, 2018 11:12AM
Happy Birthday! Your posts and smiling face always make this a better forum! Many happy returns, both of your birthday and to the forum!

Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
avatar Re: Happy Birthday JustKeepWalking! Cake and Candle Cake and Candle Cake and Candle
July 25, 2018 12:31PM
Happy Birthday! Thank you for the energy chews, Cheetos, and great memories!

- Billy Joel
avatar Re: Happy Birthday JustKeepWalking! Cake and Candle Cake and Candle Cake and Candle
July 25, 2018 07:16PM
Happy Birthday to you! Your adventures along with hubby and Mr. chick-on brighten up this site, and always make for very entertaining reading.
Here's wishing you many fun and rewarding outdoor explorations in the year ahead.
sleeping in tent
July 25, 2018 09:04PM
Happy birthday! Wishing many more miles of trails (and off trail) in your future!
July 25, 2018 09:23PM
Happy birthday!! Hope you're able to get on trail soon!!
You should binge on more new gear for your bday! smiling smiley
July 26, 2018 11:37AM
Happy Birthday!
July 26, 2018 11:21PM
chick-on
Have a great birthday party!

Happy B'Day JKW aka...!!! Hope you are celebrating in style!

It was great to see you guys earlier this month and thanks for sharing your adventures/tips/suggestions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2018 11:21PM by nwhkr.
August 05, 2018 06:18PM
Happy Belated Birthday. Was out of cell and internet coverage so the best wishes are late. May you have many many more birthdays and years of wonderful hikes and adventures. Cake and Candle
August 07, 2018 08:58AM
Happy belated! Hope you are feeling better and are out and hiking about.
August 18, 2018 08:42AM
Thanks folks. Personally I really appreciate the responses.... and I know she does too.

We have been having a great August. Just back in civilization to resupply for the rest of August thru Labor Day.

Be safe if you are out and about

Herez won frum our Aug tripz dis year

smiling smiley

August 18, 2018 09:25PM
A very belated Thank you to all for your birthday wishes!

Chick-on, Basilbop and I have been having a lot of fun, and I’m getting back up into 8 mile days back to back. Some 10 Miles. Getting better. Not normal yet, but I’m out and having fun, and that is the important thing for me. I want to thank the guys for their tremendous support in helping me get out there! They have been hauling extra weight for me, and accommodating my needs in many ways. Best hiking buddies I could ever ask for!

Sorry, things have been very busy... Home for whirlwind 2 days to clean and resupply. Going back early tomorrow and will hopefully stay out til past Labor Day!

Will try to catch up with you all when back.

Hope you are all having a lovely summer!!
September 07, 2018 09:53AM
Tanks fur a(nother) awesome August trip-set. smiling smiley

Made some good progress on SEKI TQ. Baxter, Sawmill, Taboose...
fun fun fun!

Would do it all again!

Thank you!

Here's a few from East Side adventures
smiling smiley

this one too cute not to include:

Thanks again!
smiling smiley

Hopefully we can get Stick N Fedderz his Yose TQ next week!
smiling smiley

September 08, 2018 04:58AM
Great pics. Thanks for posting....REI tent...new addition? Looks roomy but heavy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2018 04:59AM by The Other Tom.
September 09, 2018 04:19PM
The latest model REI Quarter Dome 3 weighs 4 pounds 1 ounce, which isn’t bad really for that much space and protection. And conveniences...pockets, easy to mount the tablet for overhead video for “TV time”... and bug, wind, rain and snow protection..

Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL 3 weighs 3 lb 7 ounces and costs a good bit more.. and with the amount of use these tents get from us... the REI works for us in terms of bang for the buck...

We have all done the bivy sack thing with lightweight tarps for years, but tents kept getting lighter and smarter. Finally it got to the point the positives outweighed the negatives.. been super happy and I spend 2-3 nights a week in the tent on average... it’s not a penalty box.

Sure, we have been nuts and done the big Half Dome 4 Plus (almost 8 pounds) on short “luxury” trips with 4 peeps... but it’s usually just the three of us... QD3 is a good buddy.
September 10, 2018 06:01AM
Thanks for the tent follow up
September 10, 2018 06:55AM
Here's the Half Dome 4+

It's super roomy for 4 normally sized "adults".
(seriously... 4 of us can have breakfast and dinner in the thing very very comfortably)

(this was from this year... July 21 ... smiling smiley )
Looks like someone got ridz of their packing peanuts on us... smiling smiley
Fur realz... this was big hail storm that busted The 168 and also the road to Lundy Canyon TH.
well... part of the storm...
Anyzoo... we picks up a piece of hail ... pop in mouth... and it tastes smokey...
this was when The Ferguson was currently going crazy... we kinda got lucky it rained
and hailed since it cleaned the air some...

Have fun

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2018 07:02AM by chick-on.
September 10, 2018 02:05PM
JustKeepWalking
The latest model REI Quarter Dome 3 weighs 4 pounds 1 ounce

So about the same weight as a deluxe, large pizza at the Curry Half Dome Village pizza deck! Head roll
September 10, 2018 03:02PM
Or bbq ribs and lots of Mac and cheese...
September 10, 2018 03:03PM
Oh guess I’ve hauled leftover pizza too for first lunch...
September 09, 2018 04:23PM
Thanks for the August trip! LOVED IT ALL! Sooooo happy to get back to some longer climbs, longer days.. high altitudes. Love love love the high rocky passes!!! And the variety!! Wow! So much fun!!

And yes, hope all goes well to get Basilbop his last Yosemite miles soon!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login