Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (62% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Remember Basilblop? Try not to smile when you see him now (he's like 50 or something)!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Remember Basilblop? Try not to smile when you see him now (he's like 50 or something)!
December 10, 2018 07:54AM

Happy Birthday OB (Old Birdee)

Been an amazing year in THE Sierra (see … you use THE in front of stuff to show it's Awesomeness)
THE 120
THE 395
THE Chick-On
tongue sticking out smiley

Happy Birthday THE BLOP!

Chick-on is looking at you!
Re: Remember Basilblop? Try not to smile when you see him now (he's like 50 or something)!
December 10, 2018 08:27AM
Happy Birthday Basilbop! Thanks for all the great trip reports and inspiration. Hopefully the harassment from the Pink One will subside by 51...

Probably not though

smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2018 10:06AM by ags.
ags
Happy Birthday Basilbop! Thanks for all the great trip reports and inspiration. Hopefully the harassment from the Pink One will subside by 51...

Probably not though

smiling smiley

Basilbop will always have the last laugh though, since he'll always be younger than the Chick-on by a year or so. winking smiley

Happy birthday, Basibop!

Thank you for all your contributions to this forum. You've helped make it a very special place (along with Chick-on, OD, and JKW).

Leave No Trace
Happy Birthday! Best wishes and I hope you have many adventures in the new year!
Have a very Happy Birthday doing what you love. Really enjoy reading about your adventures.
Basil,

Thanks for sharing your powerhouse trips. Who would be surprised if you were still out there in another 50 years? No one. Just make sure El Pollo Rosado is kept in line & under control.

May the fire I breathe keep you warm in the winter!
Happy Birthday A! I've enjoyed time on the trail with you and in front of the computer with your TRs. Best to L.

EDIT: Oh, let me try to get a coupla pics on here:

- Billy Joel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2018 03:04PM by JRinGeorgia.
So many good memories that come with the number 50...here's one

Got bottle?

Happy Birthday Basilbop!
I want to thank Chick-on for his amazing birthday posts for Basilbop! I can't wait to see each new headline! Woo hoo!

Basilbop.. I want to thank you for all these wonderful years together and especially for the times we have spent in our beloved Sierra. To me, there is nothing better than sharing our love for the mountains with each other and our friends! I wish us all many more years out there having fun!

As for the pics..
I LOVE the one with you and the aspen! What a ham!
I love the neat up and down perspectives, too! Just dawned on me what Chick-on did there...
Love the pic from JR with you napping on smooth granite! Is there anything better?
And Bearproof's pic of 50! I'll never forget the stories from that trip, and what you guys looked like when you tumbled into camp! "Chimney sweeps!" comes to mind....

So many fun adventures! And more to come...
Happy Birthday Basilbop!

Keep on hiking and keeping chick-on out of too much trouble
avatar Re: Remember Basilblop? Try not to smile when you see him now (he's like 50 or something)!
December 15, 2018 03:54PM
Holy crap!! He's old enough to be my son!!

We'll toast on New Year's Eve.

Old Dude
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login