Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Pothole Dome (Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite National Park)

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (58% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Avengers: Endgame Fan Theory Suggests Basilbop is really 52

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Avengers: Endgame Fan Theory Suggests Basilbop is really 52
December 11, 2018 07:29AM
He's "mostly" wiser than Chick-on

hmmm...

but he followed him here:

and here:

and here:

and here:

and here:

and here:

Can't put up Ledge... that was last year...

Anywho… you get the idea...

We have fun...

Maybe he can save Tony Stark

Happy Bird-day AAron!

The A isn't for Avengers... it's for Aaron!

Chick-on is looking at you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2018 07:30AM by chick-on.
December 11, 2018 10:47AM
LOVE these pics..

Well, almost all the pics.. I sure don't look pleased in that one with the shrub. Lots of shrub around there. Not nice shrub either. But hey...
December 11, 2018 12:45PM
That shot in the manzanita brings up lots of memories. Right about there is where my wife always says: Stop! This is crazy! I'm going back!

Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
December 11, 2018 01:07PM
Iirc that spot correctly.. we had had smooth sailing XC for some distance. And a LOT of it down steeply. Then we had to get to the other side of the lake to pick up trail for Trail Quest.. so as much as I wanted to, going back wasn’t a great option. And I could see where we had just been which would have led to a shrub free route around the lake, but lots of talus... and my foot was still quite unhappy with me then. Sooo, shrub distance looked closer. But dang. It was ugly shrub. Wanted to knock me off my feet, and my foot was unhappy. So.... Frown!

I’ve often wanted to say “going back” ...maybe I have. I think a few times the guys just let me get it out of my system. They waited. Then I moved on again. Lately, I usually just sigh or laugh and plunge in. But that day... Frown!

Later that day, however, it was a gorgeous ridge walk with a storm approaching and I had a huge smile on my face! Storm never did fully hit us, just a few drops. But we could see and hear it nearby! I took trail and found a campsite in the area we agreed upon, set up the tent and rested. The guys went XC to see more and arrived to an already set-up home.

It was a wonderful day/trip, even if there was that shrubby section. Oh, and the branch at lunch that tried to skewer my shoulder.... yah, other than that, great day!

I never did get around to writing much about August trips, but boy did we have fun! First half in Sequoia, second in Kings, and the cherry on top: an overnight in Yosemite on the way home!
avatar Re: Avengers: Endgame Fan Theory Suggests Basilbop is really 52
December 29, 2018 05:48PM
Was doing some Boundary Marker hunting today and found this one from April.

smiling smiley

It's been a great year.

Here's looking to another one in 2019!

Chick-on is looking at you!
December 29, 2018 05:51PM
Yes, please and thank you!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login