Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tuolumne Meadows and Lembert Dome during a summer storm, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (57% of Full)

Advanced

Re: The Most Epic Birthday EVER! (Happy Birthday Basilbop)Birthday Cake

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar The Most Epic Birthday EVER! (Happy Birthday Basilbop)Birthday Cake
December 17, 2018 07:19AM
Today, the 17th, is his actual birthday.

Thank awl ewe readers for posting a birthday wish on my click bait headlines.
Although it seems they didn't go viral. No idea why the bikini one didn't.
Anywho. So … if you rolling your eyes... well... those pics were all this year
so those are my TRs or something like that. "of course" we did a lot more...
I tried to keep within the last few months. tongue sticking out smiley

Anyzoo… We had a great time in the valley and such last weekend+
celebrating his birthday. Lots of fun and laughs and some nice hikes.

Happy Birthday !

Forgot about this one from a month ago... when blop was still a young pup:

And then when he o so close to the top o the hill:

Love it!

Thank you!

Cake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and Candle
Cake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and CandleCake and Candle

tongue sticking out smiley

Chick-on is looking at you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2018 11:34AM by chick-on.
avatar Re: The Most Epic Birthday EVER! (Happy Birthday Basilbop)Birthday Cake
December 17, 2018 07:24AM
O… and Blop… obviously the bright green Dine-o-sore is way more interesting than some boring See-koi-uh!

December 17, 2018 11:18AM
What a lovely weekend with you two and A & E! Double birthday celebrations!!

Sad PSA: our friends, A & E, we’re driving up early Friday morning from Santa Cruz to meet us in Yosemite so we could all day hike together before checking in. Well, while we were eating breakfast on Iakdale, I got a call from A, and she said how her car had been broken into at Starbucks in Los Banos. (West side of Los Banos). E’s backpack with winter hiking gear was the only thing stolen. Smash and grab. Sheesh. They debated, but they (happily) opted to patch up the car, drive back to Santa Cruz, get replacement gear (we had extra Microspikes, which was the only thing E didn’t have replacements for) and head back to Yosemite.

That’s why Chick-on, Basilbop and I were happily wandering (and getting GPS tracks) of all kinds of roads we hadn’t walked before.. it was actually a lovely way to spend the day! The valley was so peaceful!

We had a lovely dinner all together and spent the next couple of days laughing and hiking and basically being silly! We may be getting older chronologically, but we sure act like little kids... and I’m super glad about that!

Happy Birthday to Basilbop and A!!
December 17, 2018 12:02PM
So he's been stacking boulders?
December 17, 2018 09:27PM
eeek
So he's been stacking boulders?

He would call them pebbles...

December 18, 2018 09:41AM
Happy B'Day Basilbop (A)!! Cake and Candle
Great to see that you guys are having a blast at your favorite place.

Thanks for sharing your love for the outdoors and awesome clicks by the birdie and JKW.

@JKW - Sorry to hear about the A&E's car break in and glad that they could still join the festivities.
December 18, 2018 10:52AM
Is that last photo at the Ribbon Fall Amphitheatre?
December 18, 2018 04:41PM
December 21, 2018 09:03AM
Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes--and especially JKW and the Great Pink One for arranging an excellent birthday weekend, and to E and A for joining us!

It was also nice for The Pink One to "let" me find three more valley sequoias... too bad I missed the lizard/dinosaur thing.

I do wish that I'd had more time to post TRs for the many excellent trips this year, but when they happen almost every weekend, there's not a lot of time for all the stuff that has to happen between them. You'll have to take my word for it (for now) that they were all great trips! The good news is there are thousands of pictures, and almost as many memories, should there be some unfortunate "down time" in the future that allows for catching up.

Oh, and it was epic!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2018 09:03AM by basilbop.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login