Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (54% of Full)

Rocketlawyer.com

Advanced

Re: Camping reservations

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 19, 2019 12:12PM
i must be living on another planet, just a few short years ago, i used to pull in the Upper Pines campground without a reservation, and get one no problem, now when i go to Yosemite website, it shows an X or an R (meaning not available, or reserved), but from now until forever, there are only a handful of days available. is it that busy now this time of year???

why is it that most sites are "Unavailable" this time of year?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2019 12:17PM by forrestranger.
February 19, 2019 12:21PM
Might be due to damage from the storms.
Re: Camping reservations
February 19, 2019 02:38PM
When we drove through the Valley on Monday morning the intersection near Stoneman Bridge was closed off both to the south (Curry Village Dr.) and east (Happy Isle Loop Rd.). Your only choice coming in on Southside Drive was to turn left onto Northside Drive and cross the bridge. From the way the Do Not Enter signs and barricades were arranged it did not appear that shuttle buses were going past them either. Not sure how long that will last, but for now I believe Camp 4 is the only open campground in the Valley.

Wawona campground had a few people in it when we drove past on Sunday.
February 19, 2019 04:33PM
i called the Park, a recording saying due to too much snow, the campgrounds are closed for the time being. crud!!!
February 19, 2019 10:00PM
This time of year rooms are pretty cheap in El Portal. I'm going up for a couple of days tomorrow and will be staying there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login