Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (84% of Full)

Advanced

Re: midnight joyride at Badger?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

midnight joyride at Badger?
March 28, 2019 12:20AM
I've been looking at the Badger ski area camera over the past hour or so and it looks like someone's been riding a snowmobile around in the middle of the night - there's a bright light that keeps moving around the photos. I suspect this isn't the NPS...

Will try to post some screen captures from the webcam if I have time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2019 12:20AM by Not quite The Geezer, but getting there.
March 28, 2019 08:25AM
My first thought would be it would be the groomer(s). Not sure when they usually go out, but if they did the road to glacier point first and then came back to hit the slopes the timing would be about right.
March 28, 2019 10:35AM
From past experience, I can say they sometimes groom the GP road after dark--probably to take advantage of the lack of skiers. JKW and I watched the groomer go past the Taft Point trailhead at night from Sentinel Dome. And the park service and/or concessionaire do keep a few snowmobiles in the Badger area.
March 29, 2019 12:49PM
The groomers got out at different times after the slopes close for the day and at night you can see their lights. Fun to watch them on the time lapse you can find here:
www.halfdome.net/movies/badger_pass/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login