Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (55% of Full)

Advanced

Re: 27 FT Trailer sites in North or Lower Pines Campground?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

27 FT Trailer sites in North or Lower Pines Campground?
April 08, 2019 12:32PM
I'm looking to find out which campsites in either North Pines and/or Lower Pines can hold a 27 foot travel trailer?
We I go to the reservation site there is no way to see this without going to each site one by one to see what each can handle.
You'd think because the site asks you the length of your rig it would only show you though's sites but NOOOO!
Help with getting a list of the sites which might hold 27 foot trailer would be great.
Thanks
avatar Re: 27 FT Trailer sites in North or Lower Pines Campground?
April 09, 2019 09:43AM
Go to this past message thread:

Parking pad sizes

and you'll have to scroll down the page a ways, I posted a list of parking pad sizes for the 3 Pines campgrounds. Some sites are missing from this list (for whatever reason). Hope this helps.
avatar Re: 27 FT Trailer sites in North or Lower Pines Campground?
April 10, 2019 09:33AM
When looking at pad lengths, be mindful that they are measured from the front to the back 'bumper'. Typically one backs in so the tires hit the bumper. That means you have 'over hang' since the back of the trailer will be beyond the bumper (perfectly legal as long as the trailer tires on on the asphalt of the pad). So you have to consider that extra length as well...effectively making the pads longer than stated (unless there is a tree right behind the pad.) What you will see a lot is the trailer backed in as far as possible and the tow vehicle parked sideways at the front of the pad (OK as long as tires are on pad and it is not blocking traffic).

Another consideration is that the best sites for trailers (I have a 29' 5th wheel, so I know of what I speak) are those with double wide pads. That way you can utilize the full length of the pad for your trailer and park your tow vehicle next to it.

These are good sites to see what each site looks like:
Lower Pines
North Pines

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2019 09:37AM by calberry.
Re: 27 FT Trailer sites in North or Lower Pines Campground?
April 10, 2019 11:44AM
So, yes, pad sizes helps, but as stated above...trees, rocks, bear boxes, fire pits or high bumpers can prevent the use of the entire pad.

Trees on the side of the pad can prevent the uses of a slide.

And, as in the case two years ago, I got my sister a site that looked fine...41 foot long, but it was only nine feet wide, Trees on both sides prevented them from backing into their site, with a culvert right across the road. Their RV is only 22 feet long, but 8 1/2 feet wide.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login