Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Mist Trail is Open

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 15, 2019 11:07AM
The Mist Trail is open to Vernal Fall and Nevada Fall; some snow and ice exist on the steps. The John Muir Trail remains closed from Clark Point to near the top of Nevada Fall (through the "ice cut"winking smiley. Despite being open, the John Muir Trail from Happy Isles to Clark Point is very snowy.
Re: Mist Trail is Open
April 24, 2019 12:32PM
A friend recently told me he was up that way, and encountered a big Trail Closed sign with warnings. They bypassed the Mist Trail, and hiked to Vernal Fall, and then looking down from the top, could see lots of rockfall chaos near the top. Can anyone confirm this or is there any news of this??

Thanks!
April 27, 2019 01:13PM
I was in the area two days ago. I stayed below Vernal Fall, but there were no signs at the trail junctions saying anything about rockfalls or closures.

At that time, there were signs up warning that the restrooms at the Vernal Fall footbridge were closed due to equipment failure. I assume the problem was on the sewage disposal side, not the water supply side, because the water fountains were apparently working normally.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login