All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Foresta Road Status
July 01, 2019 01:17PM
Does anyone know status of Foresta Road (Crane Creek Road) from Foresta to El Portal. Can I get through on a bike ? I heard one of the bridges was damaged in a fire a few years ago and can not find any updated info.
Thanks
Re: Foresta Road Status
July 04, 2019 07:19PM
Here is my own report. Rode bike from Foresta to El Portal and back on Foresta Rd. Foresta falls are great and bridge is fine.
Second bridge at second falls is marginal. Just a few board across. Not horrible but would not be good to fall.There is line across with a rope with carbiner on it. Not sure how helpful is was.
Third bridge is fine.
Several locations are washed out so you need to carry bike for short sections.
Lots of wildflowers still.
I did it on crossbike but marginal. Would have been better on full mountain bike especially in sections where road was pretty beat up by runoff.
Overall a fun adventure.
Re: Foresta Road Status
November 24, 2019 07:31PM
I am considering hiking from El Portal to Foresta and back. Where would I park in El Portal? Can you park on the side of Foresta Road just before the gate or is this not advisable? Thoughts? cjh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2019 07:31PM by Humpal.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login