All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Tuolumne Meadows Campground Opening July 12
July 09, 2019 12:09PM
Tuolumne Meadows Campground will open for the season Friday, July 12th. The campground is half reservation, half first come, first served. Advanced reservations for the time period July 12 through July 31 will be released on Wednesday, July 10 at 7 a.m. Pacific time.
Re: Tuolumne Meadows Campground Opening July 12
July 09, 2019 03:54PM
so, since I retired 5 years ago, I've gone camping to TM for it's opening week, with the exception of 2017, when I judged August 1 to be too far into the skeeter hatch. to expand on Wandering Daisy's point, when you are free to go anytime, no point in picking a fight with snow, weather, or mosquitos.

has anyone been up to TM lately, most likely over the holiday weekend, and spent time standing still? I've only got about a half-day's hiking left in my legs. in other words, how were the mosquitos? I'll probably go up after the opening weekend rush, so feedback from the upcoming weekend will also be welcome. so far, HST Conditions/Mosquito reports has not had this info. thanks in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2019 03:57PM by mkbgdns.
July 09, 2019 05:07PM
I am shooting to go this weekend, if I score a campsite. Can report back if I go.
Heard from people that mosquitos are bad in the valley right now.
avatar Re: Tuolumne Meadows Campground Opening July 12
July 10, 2019 07:31AM
my feeling is... this is what I love... and conditions vary so much... so I embrace whatever lies ahead

we were in TM last sunday… and there were v few / if any bugs

completely baffled why road wasn't open earlier

dry in places

snow in others

have seen it w/ WAY more snow and such

Have fun

Chick-on is looking at you!
July 10, 2019 07:03AM
I want to go in August. Why do they wait to release the post July 31 reservations?
July 10, 2019 08:32AM
I believe the August dates were made available at the regular time (6 months in advance) because they had the campground scheduled to open 01 August. The July dates were just released because the campground is opening earlier than anticipated.
July 10, 2019 09:02AM
Thanks. I will keep checking back on that website for cancellations in August.

I believe the August dates were made available at the regular time (6 months in advance) because they had the campground scheduled to open 01 August. The July dates were just released because the campground is opening earlier than anticipated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2019 09:03AM by snorkus.
July 10, 2019 08:34AM
Anyone able to book TM campsites this morning? My experience has been frustrating to say the least. angry smiley

Edit to add: Guess all it took to get through was to post this... just now got my reservation to take in the system.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2019 08:46AM by FatFlatlander.
July 10, 2019 10:00AM
FatFlatlander
Anyone able to book TM campsites this morning? My experience has been frustrating to say the least. angry smiley

Edit to add: Guess all it took to get through was to post this... just now got my reservation to take in the system.

I got one for 7/12-7/14 and one for 7/27. Seems like the system had some issues, especially for the 7/27 one.
We should have room in our group campsite for 7/12-7/14. Direct message me if anyone is interested

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2019 09:40PM by nwhkr.
July 11, 2019 10:15PM
Have spots at TM group site for this weekend, friday and saturday. if anyone wants to join
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login