All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

No walk up wilderness permits will be issued in 2020
June 03, 2020 08:38AM
I posted this in the re-opening thread below but figured it is probably worth it's own thread.

From the Yosemite Conservancy wilderness permits page:

Walk-up wilderness permits are not available in the park in 2020. Beginning June 11, 40% of permits that would normally be available first-come, first-served are instead available by lottery two weeks in advance. Beginning June 11, you can submit a request 15 days in advance of a hike, with the lottery running 14 days in advance. Unreserved permits remain available up to nine days in advance. It is not possible to obtain a wilderness permit reservation fewer than nine days in advance.

For hiking start dates from June 11 to June 25, any unreserved permits that are part of the 60% quota are available at https://yosemite.org/yosemite-wilderness-permit-request.../
Re: No walk up wilderness permits will be issued in 2020
June 03, 2020 12:02PM
Thanks for posting!!

The current lottery system is just so frustrating!! Meaning I somehow NEVER get a reservation year after year. I abandoned ship a few years back and just relied solely on walk-up day prior permit. And low-and-behold, I've been 100% successful - including a random trip to Half Dome mid July last year!

Oh well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login