Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Yosemite Re-opens June 11th

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Yosemite Re-opens June 11th
June 08, 2020 02:27PM
Good news for some of us!
https://tinyurl.com/y79mdowl
Much Q & A on their Facebook Page.
https://tinyurl.com/ybz8okql

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2020 02:28PM by troutwild.
Re: Yosemite Re-opens June 11th
June 08, 2020 03:05PM
From the linked page:

Some facilities and services that have been offered in the past will not be possible this year due to the pandemic. Shuttle buses, High Sierra Camps, and Housekeeping Camp will not open this year. Additional services may be available as conditions warrant.

Any ideas on whether or not "High Sierra Camps" includes White Wolf? Last time I emailed them, I got a pretty noncommittal response.
June 08, 2020 05:22PM
DavidK42
From the linked page:

Some facilities and services that have been offered in the past will not be possible this year due to the pandemic. Shuttle buses, High Sierra Camps, and Housekeeping Camp will not open this year. Additional services may be available as conditions warrant.

Any ideas on whether or not "High Sierra Camps" includes White Wolf? Last time I emailed them, I got a pretty noncommittal response.
This is all that I can find which is not too helpful because it doesn't say if White Wolf will open at a later date.

"What is different about visiting Tioga Road and Tuolumne Meadows?
Tioga Road opens for the season on Monday, June 15. White Wolf and Tuolumne Meadows Lodges, as well as the High Sierra Camps, are closed. Tuolumne Meadows Grill and the Tuolumne Meadows store and post office are closed. The Tuolumne Meadows Shuttle and Tuolumne Meadows Tour and Hikers Bus are not operating."
June 08, 2020 06:52PM
The page linked below from the Travel Yosemite website lists White Wolf as "Closed for the season" (along with the TM lodge, store, and grill). It has opening dates listed for several lodging/dining facilities in Yosemite Valley, and the Housekeeping Camp listed as "Temporarily closed", so I'm thinking "Closed for the season" means it won't open later even if they relax other restrictions in the park.

https://www.travelyosemite.com/alerts/2020/covid-19-guest-updates/#high-sierra-camps
June 09, 2020 12:24AM
I heard from someone at the conservancy earlier today that TM store and grill could open soon. They couldn't tell the date or week though
June 09, 2020 09:06AM
Well, I certainly hope I'm wrong... although at this point I'd just prefer a clear answer, whatever it is. All this uncertainty is making it difficult to cobble together some sort of new plan from the pile of rubble that was our original summer vacation plans.
June 09, 2020 05:57PM
Well, I don't know if it impacts the Grill but I just got a phone call from Aramark/Yose Hospitality telling me that White Wolf and TM Lodge will not open this year. It's been obvious for quite a while that that was probably going to be the case but very disappointing anyway...this'll be the first year in a couple of decades that I won't be going to Yosemite. Cry baby
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login