All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Yosemite Campgrounds closed through end of July
June 23, 2020 10:26AM
Just got this letter, whoever wrote should learn how to spell or use spell check like me.......

June 23, 2020

Good morning campers,

Due to continued concerns and restrictions we are facing due to COVID-19, Yosemite National Park will not be opening any additional campgrounds through the month of July.

All reservations which had arrival dates between now and July 31 have been cancelled and fully refunded for the following campgrounds:
Bridalveil Horse Camp
Crane Flat
Hodgdon Meadow (cancelled through Aug 15 due to Great Gray Owl nesting)
Lower Pines
North Pines
Tuolumne Meadows
50% of Upper Pines

Park managers are working diligently to find a way to open more camping. As a result of the pandemic, we are faced with significant budget, staffing and housing restraints which are impeding our efforts. However, we continue to explore alternative solutions to these challenges.

If we are able to re-open campgrounds, we will be sure to give as much advanced notice as possible, via email, social media, recreation.gov and the Park's website.

We understand this is frustrating, even heart-breaking news. As ever, we appreciate your patience as we navigate through these challenging times.

Sincerely,

Eric Bissmeyer
Campground Manager
Yosemite National Park
Re: Yosemite Campgrounds closed through end of July
June 23, 2020 10:29AM
Well there goes reservation #2 in late July. I guess I will be spending zero $$$ in Yosemite this year (just a cranky comment due to prairie fever).
June 23, 2020 11:48AM
Just go backpacking instead. That's still an option...

Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
June 23, 2020 12:03PM
For me yes, but not for my wife.
June 24, 2020 07:31AM
TM backpacker’s camp is open along with the valley and hetch hetchy one. Though rangers are highly recommending to not stay there for health reasons.
June 23, 2020 08:02PM
I suppose the Tuolomne backpacker's campground is closed. I was planning on staying there the night prior to my backpacking trip.
avatar Re: Yosemite Campgrounds closed through end of July
June 23, 2020 09:21PM
I actually heard, from a park employee, that the backpackers campgrounds would be open.
avatar Re: Yosemite Campgrounds closed through end of July
June 23, 2020 09:24PM
Summer 2020 Updates
Due to current health guidelines, White Wolf Campground is closed and Valley Camp has relocated to a section of Upper Pines Campground. Backpackers campgrounds are now only open to campers with wilderness permits. You must have a wilderness permit, lodge reservation, or campground reservation to stay in Yosemite overnight. More campgrounds may open as conditions allow. For more information, please check our FAQ page.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login