Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Who's looking forward to "gaze upon Yo-seh-mite's Yo-seh-mite's towering sequoias"?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Who's looking forward to "gaze upon Yo-seh-mite's Yo-seh-mite's towering sequoias"?
August 04, 2020 12:31PM
avatar Re: Who's looking forward to "gaze upon Yo-seh-mite's Yo-seh-mite's towering sequoias"?
August 04, 2020 01:05PM
avatar Re: Who's looking forward to "gaze upon Yo-seh-mite's Yo-seh-mite's towering sequoias"?
August 04, 2020 02:40PM
I don’t think he or his speechwriter understand much about Yosemite if sequoias are what first comes to mind.
I would think Sequoia would be harder to pronounce that Yosemite. But then again I guess Sequoia is a car model so more common. You would think he would go over his speech beforehand to make sure he could pronounce everything correctly.

Nice to have something to joke about and the the NPS is getting a little more money.
Classic. Don't talk about stuff if you don't know about it.

Well....

Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
balzaccom
Classic. Don't talk about stuff if you don't know about it.

Well....

1. My GPS also says "Yo-semite". So maybe he's got a gig lined up as a GPS voice for after his current job.

2. Be thankful that the word "TRUMP" in 1000-foot high letters hasn't been etched into the face of Half Dome or El Capitan.
All kidding aside, didn't he say this while signing a bill that authorizes $1.9 billion annually for the next few years to fix infrastructure at national parks? I find it hard to complain about that.
well, using that logic, we should appreciate that he's offering unemployed people a $200 weekly supplement to their unemployment benefits. the money's he's signed off on is theatre to repair his damaged image, not a serious attempt to provide NPS with $ it needs to "fix" its infrastructure needs.
So your complaining about the money?
August 05, 2020 01:05PM
Coolburn
So your complaining about the money?
I’d complain that this was a bipartisan bill but only Republicans were invited to the signing ceremony and John Lewis (instrumental in this bill) wasn’t mentioned. This is the kind of bill that deserved a bipartisan signing ceremony. When it was mentioned to the White House Press Secretary, she blamed Democrats for their resistance to working on another unrelated bill.
mkbgdns
well, using that logic, we should appreciate that he's offering unemployed people a $200 weekly supplement to their unemployment benefits. the money's he's signed off on is theatre to repair his damaged image, not a serious attempt to provide NPS with $ it needs to "fix" its infrastructure needs.

I don't follow you. You have a problem with allocating money to the NPS? No politician's motives are ever pure. And this is a bill that passed in both houses of Congress, so apparently enough members from both parties felt it was worthwhile. Or something that might get them votes. I don't care about their motives, I'm happy they've allocated the funds.
my apologies--I didn't mean to complain, only to be less than satisfied. you're right--something is better than nothing.
August 05, 2020 01:12PM
Not just NPS.
I'm still LMAO about this!! Thank goodness there was no money allocated to Atchafalaya National Park in Louisiana.
August 05, 2020 08:06PM
Corntortilla
I'm still LMAO about this!! Thank goodness there was no money allocated to Atchafalaya National Park in Louisiana.

Nah - Puʻuhonua o Hōnaunau NHP. I've actually been there.

And I didn't listen to much other than clips of the mess up with Yo-Semite's. Did he have a shout out to the other agencies covered? I'd just like to see him try to say something complimentary about BLM.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login