All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 11, 2021 09:13AM
i moved a year ago out of state, not to mention my world has been turned upside down (health issues etc), so i haven't been on here for some time.

i'm pretty much in the dark about now having to have a reservation to even enter the park for even day use... looking at their website just now, it "appears" to me that every single day (except for a few days this month) are all taken up throughout the whole year???? i wanted to go there in the middle of May, but it looks like i'm out of luck?

can someone explain to me how this all works? i'm sure this is because of the covid, to where it could change sometime down the road, where it will be open to everyone like it used to be?

thanks for any help.
Re: Day use reservations
February 11, 2021 09:24AM
It may or may not help you but I believe that one way around the reservations is to stay at lodging in the park (I'm not sure if Yose West would be included). A valid reservation would automatically get you a day-use pass for the duration of your stay.
February 11, 2021 03:16PM
Sorry to hear you have been ill. Did you look at the information at this link: https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/covid19.htm

As DavidK42 mentioned is that if you have reservations at lodging in the park you don't need a day use permit Also included are camp ground reservations in the park, if you have a wilderness permit and if you are staying at private rentals in Yosemite West, Foresta and Wawona. At the gate, you will show your reservation information and a matching ID and they will give you a pass. Another way to get in the park is by using YARTS, by as tour bus, by foot or by bicycle and you will still have to pay the regular entry fee.
February 11, 2021 05:40PM
I believe the current day use reservations are in place until at least 28 February. After that, the park will evaluate if they will continue to require them.
February 12, 2021 03:52PM
May day use reservations aren't on the system yet. Stay tuned for when those will open up. Lots of things will probably change in the upcoming months, reservations for camping or day use that is.
February 19, 2021 05:53AM
Thank you
March 03, 2021 06:23PM
I was just about to make hotel and airline reservations for a week of day hiking in early August. Does this mean I can't do that until this system goes away? I'm very concerned.
Jim
March 03, 2021 08:45PM
Please go to the other thread to see my reply.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login