Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (59% of Full)

Advanced

Re: I'm confused

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

I'm confused
March 16, 2021 06:01PM
or is recreation.gov confused? they say end of booking season at TM will be 9/5. Yosemite NPS website, with TM newly listed last Friday, lists closing date as 9/20. anybody know anything about this? best guess, it's a right hand/left hand thing...
March 17, 2021 11:05AM
Might be that reservations aren't used after 9/5.
March 17, 2021 12:52PM
unlikely. Yosemite announced that ONLY reservations will be used at TM this summer, which conveniently matches up with reduced occupancy, since normally 50% of the campsites are held back for walk-ups (the only Yosemite campground that uses this hybrid model). as far as I know, TM has never been walk-up only, except a few times when reservations didn't start until day 2 with an early opening and short notice.

on the other hand, more than one unprecedented thing has happened this year...and it's not the first thing that I've been confused about.

have sent email to Yosemite, will share info when (if?) I get a reply.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2021 01:06PM by mkbgdns.
March 18, 2021 05:56PM
reply email from Yosemite's web manager thanked me for catching the error. Recreation.gov now in line with Yosemite's dates for TM.
March 19, 2021 01:22PM
Was this only about the campground or also about TM Lodge? According to this thread, TM Lodge isn't opening this year. Cry baby
March 19, 2021 08:18PM
you're confused. campground is rec.gov, park service. lodge is aramark, private concession.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2021 08:20PM by mkbgdns.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login