Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tuolumne Meadows and Lembert Dome during a summer storm, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (82% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Anyone done the River Trail to Thousand Island Lake in a day?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Anyone done the River Trail to Thousand Island Lake in a day?
June 24, 2021 11:35AM
Just curious how doable this hike is in a single day? I've seen lots of hikers do it and camp out there, and I've done Ediza lake in a single day (15 miles round trip as opposed to 18 on this trail) but I just wanted to hear any experiences before I attempt this. Any advice helps!
Re: Anyone done the River Trail to Thousand Island Lake in a day?
June 24, 2021 02:57PM
I haven't gone there and back in a day, no, only camped there. But on different trips I've hiked to Ediza, hiked to Thousand Island on the High Trail, taken the JMT between Garnet and Thousand Island, and hiked almost the entire River Trail in two different chunks. I'd say that if you could do the Ediza 15-mile round trip, you could do this 18-mile one. There are long stretches of the River Trail that are quite easy and cruisey.
avatar Re: Anyone done the River Trail to Thousand Island Lake in a day?
July 10, 2021 09:09AM
I've done it in a day. Started at red meadow at 630, followed river trail to 1000 Island lake. We then headed to garnet lake and shadow lake before dropping back down to river. Back by 530 with lots of relaxing along the way. Spectacular hike!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login