Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (72% of Full)

Advanced

Re: pizza deck season

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

pizza deck season
December 02, 2021 09:46AM
Hi, I noticed that Aramark says the pizza deck is scheduled to reopen "Spring 2022." Does anyone know from past experience about when that will occur? I'm used to being there in summer and fall when it's open, but next year I'll be there in late March. Does it usually reopen that early? Thanks!!
December 04, 2021 09:04AM
I do not know the answer to your question, but have to say, your post made me smile. :-)

It's something my husband would think of ... one meal has barely had a chance to digest and he's thinking of the next meal.

I do have a lot of non-date-specific memories associated with the pizza deck. For me, Curry Village and the pizza deck/lounge area will always be the heart of Yosemite Valley, or home.
December 05, 2021 07:34PM
Yeah it should be open in March as long as they can (or decide to) staff it.
December 06, 2021 01:18PM
Thanks chulavista, I'll cross my fingers for that!

And to recycling--I agree. I spent a lot of time on the deck the summer I worked in the park, years ago. Now a trip doesn't feel complete until I hang out there for a few hours with pizza and beer.
March 28, 2023 12:16AM
Hey! So I actually worked at Aramark last year and I remember the pizza deck usually reopened around mid-April. But you know, things can change, especially with the weather. If you're gonna be there in late March, I'd keep an eye on their website or social media to see if they post any updates about it. On a side note, if you're a Costco fan like me, you might wanna check out costcofdb.com! I've found some amazing deals there for snacks and stuff, perfect for when I'd go on break at Aramark. I'd stock up on snacks before the season started just to be safe, and hey, who doesn't love a good Costco deal, right? Hope that helps!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2023 05:17AM by Saperamant.
March 29, 2023 12:21PM
Even if its not technically open, you can get the same pizza and eat in inside.
April 11, 2023 11:54AM
Thanks everyone. It was indeed closed when we were there last March. But the trip ended up being amazing anyway - got engaged on that trip! And in Sept. will be back for the first wedding anniversary, and will have a toast on the Pizza Deck then. smiling smiley
April 14, 2023 05:26PM
crocodile235
Thanks everyone. It was indeed closed when we were there last March. But the trip ended up being amazing anyway - got engaged on that trip! And in Sept. will be back for the first wedding anniversary, and will have a toast on the Pizza Deck then. smiling smiley

:-) That's great to hear. How awesome.
April 17, 2023 12:41PM
Thank you recycling1991! smiling smiley
April 20, 2023 04:40PM
crocodile235

Congrats on the engagement.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login