Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (73% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Lottery for North Pines Campground.

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Lottery for North Pines Campground.
January 21, 2022 05:41PM
I don't think anyone posted this yet but there is a pilot program starting for a lottery for North Pines Campground.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/yosemite-lottery-camping-spaces/index.html
avatar Re: Lottery for North Pines Campground.
January 31, 2022 09:20AM
Thanks for the reminder, I forgot to sign up!

Anyway I cannot believe that there's a $10 non-refundable fee for entering the lottery. Just so stupid and unnecessary. Gotta make sure all of these middleman contractors line their pockets, I guess.
February 10, 2022 08:14AM
Struck out in the North Pines Lottery. Results posted this morning. I would really like to find out how many lottery applications there were for the 640 spots.
avatar Re: Lottery for North Pines Campground.
February 10, 2022 11:16AM
Haven't seen anyone post on social media that they won, so I would imagine the demand for this pilot program generated a TON of revenue for the middlemen behind Recreation.gov. Expect to see this program expanded pretty significantly over the coming years.
February 11, 2022 08:42AM
I received an email from the National Park Service after I inquired as to how many applications there were for the lottery. I was told "There were over 22,000 applications for the 640 time slots, for a success rate of under 3%." I will definitely save my $10 in the future but this sure turned out to be a fundraiser for the Recreation.gov contractor.
February 11, 2022 06:03PM
I hope they don't expand this. The current system is a type of pseudo lottery already without the extra step and paying $10 for about the same odds to get a site. Just read up on the procedure and be ready on the appropriate 15th of the month and push
the enter button at 7 a.m. and hope you get a site...kind of like a lottery. The complainers are usually the ones who come out of the fog about a month before they want to go and then complain that all the sites are already reserved. Just do your homework if you want to camp in Yosemite...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login