Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Pothole Dome (Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite National Park)

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Re: early crowds in Yosemite

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

early crowds in Yosemite
April 29, 2022 04:41PM
We were in Yosemite from the 18th to the 27th and were really surprised with the number of people in the park for this time of the year. We have never seen this many people in years past at this time. Some schools have the week after Easter as spring break and we thought that this week the numbers of people would drop significantly but it really didn't. Didn't expect that all of the main pull offs and parking lots would be full. A lot of double parking in places along the road with cars waiting for a parking spot. Nothing like it had been when we were there last month when there were times, we only saw a few people. Thankfully, we know where to go hide when there are a lot of people.
April 30, 2022 03:01AM
Interesting. Post pandemic breakout perhaps?
May 01, 2022 03:16PM
The Other Tom
Interesting. Post pandemic breakout perhaps?

Or possibly people going before the day use permits start. In general, park visitation has increased the past few years in the "off" season.
April 30, 2022 09:37AM
We were there the week before you and it was quite busy. When I made reservations, I didn't realize that it was Easter week. So, we did expect crowds. But it was a bit stormy, so a lot of people left, as far as camping, and not so many came in for a few days.

Got to see frazil ice!
May 01, 2022 03:18PM
I have always wanted to see frazil ice and never have. We were able to enjoy what was most likely the last snowfall.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.