Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Deer in Yosemite

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Re: White Wolf

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

White Wolf
June 27, 2022 10:38AM
anybody besides me have sneaking suspicion that White Wolf campground may not open this year? historical data shows that in similar snow years (40-50% of average, most recently 2007, 2012, 2013) open by 1st week June. sure, cool spring, late melt, but still.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2022 05:49AM by mkbgdns.
June 27, 2022 01:46PM
TM Lodge is (yet again) staying closed this season (we had reservations which we made last fall and Aramark canceled them several weeks ago) so I doubt that White Wolf will open (I assume, btw, that you're referring to the tent cabins at WW rather than the campground...no idea about the CG).
June 27, 2022 03:59PM
no, talking about campground. should have been explicit, have amended 1st post.. TM and WW Lodges got axed more than a month ago. May 12, actually.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2022 05:51AM by mkbgdns.
June 30, 2022 03:01PM
Just returned from Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne trip last night. We walked through White Wolf on 6/24 and there was a good deal of heavy equipment, ground and utility work going on around the lodge. Looked like they had just completed drainage maintenance on the west side of the road that day or a couple of days before. Didn't walk through the campground, but it looked to be accessible at least...
July 02, 2022 10:05AM
yeah, rehab of white wolf sewage (both lodge and campground share common system) has been going on for a few years. sounds like work isn't complete. campground has flush toilets, so either campground has temporary vaults, campground branch connected through downstream from work, or work will have to be completed for campground to open. ain't holding my breath. just seeking some first-hand, or hearsay info beyond NPS opaque "we don't have an opening date yet". really? in July? their lack of transparency reminds me of Aramark, who knew well in advance of anouncement that TM and WW Lodges weren't happening.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login