Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Full

Advanced

demobilizing the traffic pilot in Yosemite Valley

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

demobilizing the traffic pilot in Yosemite Valley
October 11, 2022 11:07AM
In the Yosemite Daily report

Demobilizing The Traffic Pilot In Yosemite Valley Today
Beginning Tuesday, October 11, the NPS contractor will begin work on removing the traffic barriers and delineators and returning the roadway circulation system to two-way travel between Yosemite Village and Yosemite Valley Lodge. Sentinel Drive will be closed for the day at 8:00 a.m. to allow safe removal of the barriers Tuesday to allow safe removal and transport of the barriers. The water-filled barriers will be drained on Sunday, October 9. Pavement re-striping and traffic control sign replacement will occur on Tuesday and Wednesday, October 11 and 12. Please drive carefully and watch for laborers and equipment on valley roads. (J. Donovan / S. Gediman)

I am always so happy when this is removed. I know that it really helps move traffic through the valley during the busy time of the year by eliminating stops signs, so it does cut down on traffic jams. However, it also makes visiting the valley hard for those that can't walk far, bike and/or use the shuttles to get around the valley. I also feel bad for people that by mistake go left across Sentinel Bridge, when they should have gone straight so they end up doing a lot more driving than they needed to.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login