All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

My g/f is a finalist at the Yosemite Renaissance. Go see her stuff!
January 13, 2011 06:46AM
I almost forgot: my g/f was chosen as on of this year's finalists in the above mentioned competition, which opens the weekend of Feb 25/26. Two photos of hers were selected for display and the national tour in May.

See if you can guess which two are hers.

http://www.yosemiterenaissance.org/
avatar Re: My g/f is a finalist at the Yosemite Renaissance. Go see her stuff!
January 13, 2011 10:38AM
Thanks for the info. Will definitely go.

Chick-on is looking at you!
January 13, 2011 10:45AM
I won't be able to go since I'm across the country. Is there any way to view her work on that site? I can't find any of the work, only names.
Re: My g/f is a finalist at the Yosemite Renaissance. Go see her stuff!
January 14, 2011 06:39AM
January 14, 2011 02:46PM
I checked out her personal site, and some of it is really stunning. A lot of it is the same stuff I've seen on every landscape page, but some of it is very refreshing and a cool take on what some people might see as a "boring" scene. I really, really like this one:

http://www.robinblackphotography.com/wp-content/gallery/landscapes/mcway-creek.jpg
March 21, 2011 09:30PM
Went to this. Pretty nice. She had two that I saw.... one of Rostrum... one of Aspens

Favorite though was "Never Seen Again" by Brian Wolf. Different take on Greek...

Brown Chick-on Brown Cow

Re: My g/f is a finalist at the Yosemite Renaissance. Go see her stuff!
March 22, 2011 02:20PM
chick-on
Went to this. Pretty nice. She had two that I saw.... one of Rostrum... one of Aspens

Favorite though was "Never Seen Again" by Brian Wolf. Different take on Greek...

Brown Chick-on Brown Cow

Thanks!

Which one was "Never Seen Again"? Was that that GINORMOUS painting of the ranger being tempted by nymphs?

The one I liked the most (shhhhh..... don't tell her) was the ridge in fog that was in the left-back corner as one walked into the door. Really nice guy who took it, as well, but I can't recall his name.
March 22, 2011 09:41PM
tanngrisnir3
chick-on

Brown Chick-on Brown Cow

Thanks!

Which one was "Never Seen Again"? Was that that GINORMOUS painting of the ranger being tempted by nymphs?

The one I liked the most (shhhhh..... don't tell her) was the ridge in fog that was in the left-back corner as one walked into the door. Really nice guy who took it, as well, but I can't recall his name.
Yup... It looks just like Table Lake
I took pict. Will try to contact him to ask if can share..

March 22, 2011 09:50PM
chick-on
Yup... It looks just like Table Lake

You never told us about the nymphs at Table Lake!
May 04, 2011 02:41PM
There's dragonfly nymphs all over the park.

You can find Brian's painting on the web.

I found it here:
http://www.artistrising.com/products/485776/Never-Seen-Again-or-Backcountry-Waterhouse.htm

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login