Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (62% of Full)

Advanced

Re: My g/f is a finalist at the Yosemite Renaissance. Go see her stuff!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

My g/f is a finalist at the Yosemite Renaissance. Go see her stuff!
January 13, 2011 06:46AM
I almost forgot: my g/f was chosen as on of this year's finalists in the above mentioned competition, which opens the weekend of Feb 25/26. Two photos of hers were selected for display and the national tour in May.

See if you can guess which two are hers.

http://www.yosemiterenaissance.org/
avatar Re: My g/f is a finalist at the Yosemite Renaissance. Go see her stuff!
January 13, 2011 10:38AM
Thanks for the info. Will definitely go.

Chick-on is looking at you!
January 13, 2011 10:45AM
I won't be able to go since I'm across the country. Is there any way to view her work on that site? I can't find any of the work, only names.
January 14, 2011 06:39AM
January 14, 2011 02:46PM
I checked out her personal site, and some of it is really stunning. A lot of it is the same stuff I've seen on every landscape page, but some of it is very refreshing and a cool take on what some people might see as a "boring" scene. I really, really like this one:

http://www.robinblackphotography.com/wp-content/gallery/landscapes/mcway-creek.jpg
March 21, 2011 09:30PM
Went to this. Pretty nice. She had two that I saw.... one of Rostrum... one of Aspens

Favorite though was "Never Seen Again" by Brian Wolf. Different take on Greek...

Brown Chick-on Brown Cow

March 22, 2011 02:20PM
chick-on
Went to this. Pretty nice. She had two that I saw.... one of Rostrum... one of Aspens

Favorite though was "Never Seen Again" by Brian Wolf. Different take on Greek...

Brown Chick-on Brown Cow

Thanks!

Which one was "Never Seen Again"? Was that that GINORMOUS painting of the ranger being tempted by nymphs?

The one I liked the most (shhhhh..... don't tell her) was the ridge in fog that was in the left-back corner as one walked into the door. Really nice guy who took it, as well, but I can't recall his name.
March 22, 2011 09:41PM
tanngrisnir3
chick-on

Brown Chick-on Brown Cow

Thanks!

Which one was "Never Seen Again"? Was that that GINORMOUS painting of the ranger being tempted by nymphs?

The one I liked the most (shhhhh..... don't tell her) was the ridge in fog that was in the left-back corner as one walked into the door. Really nice guy who took it, as well, but I can't recall his name.
Yup... It looks just like Table Lake
I took pict. Will try to contact him to ask if can share..

March 22, 2011 09:50PM
chick-on
Yup... It looks just like Table Lake

You never told us about the nymphs at Table Lake!
May 04, 2011 02:41PM
There's dragonfly nymphs all over the park.

You can find Brian's painting on the web.

I found it here:
http://www.artistrising.com/products/485776/Never-Seen-Again-or-Backcountry-Waterhouse.htm

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login