Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (72% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Film cameras. Any value?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 19, 2011 07:40PM
I have some "old" 35mm film cameras. A few OK lenses. Are they of any value?
avatar Re: Film cameras. Any value?
February 19, 2011 08:07PM
Perhaps. More info please.

Old Dude
February 19, 2011 08:41PM
Manufacturer, models, and condition. Some of the lenses could be used on modern cameras either with or without adapters depending on the age, and could still be quite desirable. The film bodies could be valuable to vintage collectors or people who enjoy shooting with old film cameras.
Re: Film cameras. Any value?
February 19, 2011 09:30PM
It really depends on what they are. Get in touch with Samy's camera in Santa Barbara, I sold my Nikon F100 to them, well, they gave me credit toward a lens. I hear the students at Brook's need film bodies, so that's why they buy more of them at that store.
February 19, 2011 10:02PM
If I have time tomorrow I'll list which ones I have. None are auto focus, or auto anything, so the lenses wouldn't be of any use on digital cameras. A quick look on Ebay came up with values of $50 to $75 for these kind of cameras.

However.... I did see some Graflex 3X5 view cameras for less than $100. I'd love to do some large format work again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2011 10:03PM by Dave.
February 20, 2011 02:01PM
February 21, 2011 10:26PM
eeek
Take a look on http://www.keh.com/
Thanks. I went there and it seems that one camera - a Minolta SR-T Super - and the 3 lenses for it are worth over $150.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login