Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (78% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Picasa help

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Picasa help
May 14, 2012 08:15AM
I tried to upload a picture to Picasa to attach to a post on the Yosemite forum and I somehow uploaded all of the pictures on our computer (27,000) to Picasa. My daughter said this was a bad idea and we need to get them off of Picasa, but the instructions are confusinfg and scary as some of the instructions warn that deleting picutures/files will get them erased off our computer hard drive also. How do we get all of our pics. removed from Picasa but keep them from being erased off our computer?? Help!!
May 14, 2012 06:40PM
Yeah...be very careful. I deleted a set of pics that automatically loaded to Picasa on my lap top and they also disappeared from "my Pictures" and unfortunately the card that was still in the reader slot. I had to use recovey software to get my pics back off of the card.

(On the desk top at home...they all have automatically loaded to Picasa...yes, 10's of 1000's of them!)

edit...sorry..not the help that you wanted...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2012 06:41PM by hikerchick395.
May 14, 2012 07:46PM
mtn man
I tried to upload a picture to Picasa to attach to a post on the Yosemite forum and I somehow uploaded all of the pictures on our computer (27,000) to Picasa. My daughter said this was a bad idea and we need to get them off of Picasa, but the instructions are confusinfg and scary as some of the instructions warn that deleting picutures/files will get them erased off our computer hard drive also. How do we get all of our pics. removed from Picasa but keep them from being erased off our computer?? Help!!

You may want to post around on the Picasa help forum as well. This situation has NOT happened to me (although I do use Picasa) but, if it did, I would do the following:

1. Back up all the photos on to an external hard drive or other detachable device
2. Detach the device!
3. Rename your My Pictures folder temporarily (do this outside Picasa so that you break it's link to where the pictures are).
4. For good measure, I'd probably uninstall Picasa on the PC
5. Go to picasaweb.google.com and log in to your account (if you're not already logged in).
6. Delete what you don't want (you might have to do this in multiple steps, depending on how your photos are organized but you can delete whole albums by following the steps in this article.
7. See if your renamed My Pictures are still intact. If yes, rename it to My Pictures, if not, restore from the backup you made.
8. If you uninstalled the Picasa program from your PC, reinstall it.

Hopefully, that will work but please remember that I haven't actually tried this...just saying that it's what I would do if this happened to me!!!!

Good luck!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2012 07:48PM by DavidK42.
May 15, 2012 11:57AM
DavidK42
mtn man

You may want to post around on the Picasa help forum as well. This situation has NOT happened to me (although I do use Picasa) but, if it did, I would do the following:

1. Back up all the photos on to an external hard drive or other detachable device
2. Detach the device!
3. Rename your My Pictures folder temporarily (do this outside Picasa so that you break it's link to where the pictures are).
4. For good measure, I'd probably uninstall Picasa on the PC
5. Go to picasaweb.google.com and log in to your account (if you're not already logged in).
6. Delete what you don't want (you might have to do this in multiple steps, depending on how your photos are organized but you can delete whole albums by following the steps in this article.

7. See if your renamed My Pictures are still intact. If yes, rename it to My Pictures, if not, restore from the backup you made.
8. If you uninstalled the Picasa program from your PC, reinstall it.

Hopefully, that will work but please remember that I haven't actually tried this...just saying that it's what I would do if this happened to me!!!!

Good luck!

Thanks for the info....I'll try the Picasa forum too as you recommend.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login