Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Pothole Dome (Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite National Park)

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (74% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Photo-sharing services?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Photo-sharing services?
June 07, 2018 02:17PM
OK, I know I'm late out of the gate on this one but I've been trying to struggle along with Picasa but there's just too much it's not doing correctly (or at all) anymore and it's time to move everything somewhere else. Is there any consensus amongst folks here on the best service to use? My primary requirements are
  1. Automatically uploads my photos from my (Windows) computer
  2. Respects my folder structure (including sub-folders...something Picasa never did)
  3. Has an Android app for my phone so I can pull up the pictures on-the-go
  4. If it'll upload my phone photos and keep them together with my camera photos (unlike Google Photos which seems to insist on keeping the phone photos seperate!), that'd be really good
  5. Works with this site so I can finally get off my butt and start doing some trip reports again! (I assume this is a trivial requirement...it's really just a question of being able to control sharing on a picture or folder basis and being able to get a picture-by-picture URL)
  6. Free is good but I'd be willing to pay a small amount for increased storage...especially if I can upload my video files there as well
avatar Re: Photo-sharing services?
June 12, 2018 06:46PM
I’m not sure you’ll find all that for free. I pay for a Smugmug account that has a lot of convenient features for organizing, uploading, and easily accessible on an app.
Re: Photo-sharing services?
November 25, 2021 01:00PM
Hi! I prefer to use the Google photos service. It's as convenient as possible for me and the storage space is quite enough for me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login