Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (84% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Went camping

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 01, 2009 08:59AM
i went camping in the valley wednesday night (Lower Pines). something new (at least to me) was that they now make you read a piece of paper about the warnings of bears etc, and how you can be fined up to $5,000 if you leave your food out and bears come in and cause problems.. they also have you initial the paper (showing that you read it).

besides that, the waterfalls are wonderful right now!!!!! the meadows are turning green, and the crowds (during the week) are pretty empty... at just about any time of the day, the grocery store parking lot is only 1/3 full.

i have a powerful spotting scope, so i set it up in the meadow across from El Capitan and watched 2 guys climb over the top ...two others were on their way.
May 01, 2009 09:20AM
Maybe Judge Wunderlich will have more to do now.

Mount Whitney hikes require the same thing, initial the rules about bears and WAG bags. Yosemite finally up to speed.
May 01, 2009 09:54AM
forrestranger
besides that, the waterfalls are wonderful right now!!!!! the meadows are turning green, and the crowds (during the week) are pretty empty... at just about any time of the day, the grocery store parking lot is only 1/3 full.
Is the dogwood in "bloom"?

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
May 01, 2009 06:24PM
Frank;

yes they are, i noticed that they were when i was there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login