Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Crescent (6% of Full)


Advanced

Re: July Trip

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July Trip
May 13, 2006 08:24AM
We are planning a trip in the middle of July from Sacramento. We want to go through Yosemite and end up in Lee Vining as we are going to Bodie. Will probably spend one night outside the park someplace between Groveland and the park, can someone suggest a good RV park? We will be in a Dodge Ram pulling a 24 foot 5th wheel, only our 3rd trip with the trailer. We are use to pulling a 4 horse trailer but that 5th wheel is somewhat wider than the horse trailer. We are wondering how Hwy 120 for pulling the trailer Are pullouts available to let faster traffic by, or to stop and take pictures? We haven't been through the park in 20 years. Thanks





DebMc
avatar Re: July Trip
May 23, 2006 12:01PM
You should be fine on highway 120. But there is a long grade you'll be going up.

Re: July Trip
May 24, 2006 01:00AM
As the host stated, you will have no problem with pullouts on Hwy 120. There are many.

I guess I just wanted to compliment you on asking about the turnouts. My unofficial survery (after approx. 20 years of going to Yosemite) indicates that only about 30% of those who should (at least occasionally) use the turnouts actually do. The other 70% mosey along at 15-20 mph while 20 cars back up behind them on the way in and out of the Valley. I wish the Park Rangers would do more to stress that as people come into the park. I'm not saying trailers and busses should have to use every available turnout, but once 5-7 cars get behind them, they should politely let those cars go by.

There should be no rush to enjoy the beauty of Yosemite, but a little common courtesy goes a long way. Something that we don't have enough of in the good ole USA.

So I compliment you for asking about the turnouts.





Bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login