Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (76% of Full)

Advanced

Re: RV campsite availability in mid-June?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

RV campsite availability in mid-June?
May 04, 2009 03:35PM
Hi all,

I've finally found the time to make the trip across country to visit Yosemite but it seems I didn't have the foresight to book space far enough in advance- ouch! Does anyone have RV availability from roughly June 14-16th that they're willing to part with ? Anywhere in the valley would be just fine. I'm willing to pay above cost!

As many of you on this forum are seasoned Yosemite patrons, do you have any suggestions if I don't end up securing RV space during my visit?

Thanks for any and all suggestions. I can be reached at evancyrkin@gmail.com.

Evan
avatar Re: RV campsite availability in mid-June?
May 04, 2009 03:37PM
emc47
As many of you on this forum are seasoned Yosemite patrons, do you have any suggestions if I don't end up securing RV space during my visit?

White Wolf may be open by then. If you can't find anything in the park, there are campgrounds along Lee Vining Creek on the east side.
Re: RV campsite availability in mid-June?
May 04, 2009 06:35PM
Keep looking every night- I saw 2 nights in a row pop up last night in U.P., it was gone by this morning- people cancel all the time. There's always "Yosemite Pines" and "Yosemite Lakes" just outside the park- seems like they always have availability. Also Mariposa KOA isn't too bad.
May 04, 2009 06:49PM
Jmesenburg
people cancel all the time.

Some people book more than they need and cancel later when their plans firm.
May 04, 2009 07:26PM
Good luck with that search. Thousands of people wake up early in the morning every month to try and secure a campsite. They're usually gone within 5 to 10 minutes for anything in the peak season. I imagine you can guess how many people will give up their campsites after all that hassle. Even so - sometimes plans change, but you'll have to check constantly to see what pops up.

Your best bet would be to try and find a place outside the Valley or even Yosemite. There are some places outside Mariposa and a few RV parks in Oakhurst.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login