Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (77% of Full)

Advanced

Wal-Mart vs. Wilderness

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 04, 2009 04:24PM
In May 1864, two armies clashed in a desperate struggle for the course of our nation's history. The Battle of the Wilderness was a great turning point of the Civil War -- the first clash between Robert E. Lee and Ulysses S. Grant and the beginning of the end for the beleaguered Confederacy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/02/AR2009050202004.html
avatar Re: Wal-Mart vs. Wilderness
May 04, 2009 04:51PM
In the spirit of...

I noticed in the article that you can actually purchase the fine picture that is in the article.
So.. I just wanted to mention that all my crappy photos that I'm pretty sure plenty of you are sick of me
posting are now for sale. Just add to cart. And clicky the purchase button.

I also have a pretty nice bridge for sale a little north of me.

In addition I will take any and all donations to the Goat Foundation.

tongue sticking out smiley

Everything I know I learned from Chick-on is looking at you!
Re: Wal-Mart vs. Wilderness
May 05, 2009 05:13PM
I was just there a few years ago. I was shocked that there was so much development encroaching on the battlefields. A major highway runs right through it.

OTOH, that entire area is really part of the historic battlefield. The armies were huge and spread out. They camped and sniped at each other for a long time while a certain general dithered.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login