Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (80% of Full)

JanSport

Advanced

Re: BLM California: National Trails Day event attracts more than 70 volunteers

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar BLM California: National Trails Day event attracts more than 70 volunteers
June 10, 2009 11:03PM
More than 70 volunteers participated in a National Trails Day community service project at Magnolia Ranch near Coloma. The event was sponsored by the American River Conservancy, REI and Bureau of Land Management. Volunteers repaired multi use trails, removed invasive plants, installed hitching posts and planted oak trees. Younger volunteers constructed and painted blue bird boxes which were installed on fence posts. T-shirts were given out and an appreciation lunch was held at the end of a great morning’s work!

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/info/newsbytes/2009/386xtra_natltrailsday.html
avatar Re: BLM California: National Trails Day event attracts more than 70 volunteers
June 10, 2009 11:06PM
This idea of closing state parks in CA is a bit worrisome. I wouldn't mind volunteering, say a day a month. Hopefully people who really care will pick up the slack. Perhaps we'll find out that the state might not actually be needed smoking smiley
avatar Re: BLM California: National Trails Day event attracts more than 70 volunteers
June 10, 2009 11:08PM
Vince
This idea of closing state parks in CA is a bit worrisome.

The idea of selling them off is even more worrisome.
June 10, 2009 11:12PM
eeek
Vince
This idea of closing state parks in CA is a bit worrisome.

The idea of selling them off is even more worrisome.

I agree. Lease the land to private companies, the lessees pay rent, the state collects the rent and the lessees worry about paying the employees. I've said this before with much opposition, but might be time to take me seriously for a minute or two.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login