Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (81% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Free admission this weekend.

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Free admission this weekend.
June 15, 2009 11:47AM
Free admission to national parks this weekend.

The question is, should you go or should you avoid? (I am not going to use the 'add a poll' option)

I'll be camping in the Reds Meadow area this weekend, entertaining the thought of a visit up from Lee Vining. Hmmmm
June 15, 2009 03:04PM
It would be nice if people would donate the $20 anyway, to help the park out.
avatar Re: Free admission this weekend.
June 15, 2009 08:07PM
Bob Weaver
It would be nice if people would donate the $20 anyway, to help the park out.

I will, and probably at Bodie, too, which is supposed to be shuttered in the fall.

"California is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there."
June 16, 2009 12:20PM
I'd avoid it like the plague, personally.
June 16, 2009 12:31PM
We were at Yellowstone Sept 26 through 29 last year, and Saturday the 28th was a free day there, and it was far more crowded than any other day. I'm surprised that the $25 (which Yellowstone/Grand Teton charges) makes such a big difference in how many people go, since it costs so much to get to that area in the first place and stay in motels, etc. What does the extra $25 mean when you already spent hundreds or even thousands of dollars to get there anyway?
June 16, 2009 12:49PM
I personally think they should do a "double price" weekend. I'd pay to have half the people there :p
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login