Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tuolumne Meadows and Lembert Dome during a summer storm, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (81% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Campground Help

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Campground Help
June 30, 2009 12:37PM
Hello, I'll be visiting Yosemite on July 24th, and unfortunately I was too stupid to make reservations for campgrounds, but I understand there are some walk-in (first-come, first -served) spots available. I have a list of campgrounds with this policy that I hope you'd be able to tell me about... (like what's the latest I should be able to do a walk-in)

(1) Crane Flat, (2) Bridalveil Creek, (3) White Wolf, (4) Tuolomne Meadows *OR* If you know of others in the area or even ones that are just outside the park, that would be great too

My dilemma is that I won't be getting into Yosemite until around evening time on the 24th... the next 3 days should be fine because I'll get to the campsite extra early, but that first night could be a problem. Worst case scenario I skip that evening and get there really early on the 25th, but I'd prefer not to do that.

If you have any information about the latest walk-in times or what campsites are usually easy to get in to, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2009 12:38PM by WanderingBear.
June 30, 2009 02:08PM
What route are you taking to the park?
Re: Campground Help
July 09, 2009 01:20AM
I had a similar question. I'm interning with a group of people down here in the Mountain View area and we are looking into going to Yosemite 7/24-7/26. We have a group of 8-10 people. We won't be able to get there until 7:00 on Friday night at the earliest, so we were figuring we would probably try and get a reservation in one of the commercial campgrounds outside the park for that night.

What are our chances of being able to get two FC-FS sites on Saturday morning? They don't have to be in the same area as we will have two separate vehicles. If the odds are decent, which campgrounds give us the best chance? Would it be easier to just stay both nights at one of the commercials if we can find spots there?

Also, any recommendations for places to stay that Friday night? Right now we are looking at Yosemite Pines, Indian Flat, and High Sierra.

We plan on coming to the park from the west or from the south depending on how our camping plans shake out.
July 09, 2009 01:42AM
Vikesrock
What are our chances of being able to get two FC-FS sites on Saturday morning?

There's always somebody leaving. So if you get there early, you'll find something.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login