Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (91% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Tuolumne River's beautiful melody

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Tuolumne River's beautiful melody
July 03, 2009 12:31AM
Every river in the Sierra plays its own tune. Listen closely, and you can hear the melody. Few, if any, California waterways can match the Tuolumne River when it comes to pure scenery. But the sounds it produces -- sometimes soothing, other times thundering -- are just as striking along the classic hike to Glen Aulin in the Yosemite National Park high country.

http://www.fresnobee.com/sports/story/1511094.html
avatar Re: Tuolumne River's beautiful melody
July 04, 2009 10:55AM
People are probably sick of me always doing this but:

"At 4.5 miles, you cross the river on a sturdy footbridge with your first view of the Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne, not to mention Matterhorn Peak and Mount Conness."

Uh... Yeah... the reporter is right he shouldn't have mentioned that.
You can see Half Dome from Turlock... but good luck seeing Conness or Matterhorn from that footbridge.
July 04, 2009 11:29AM
bill-e-g
People are probably sick of me always doing this but:

"At 4.5 miles, you cross the river on a sturdy footbridge with your first view of the Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne, not to mention Matterhorn Peak and Mount Conness."

Uh... Yeah... the reporter is right he shouldn't have mentioned that.
You can see Half Dome from Turlock... but good luck seeing Conness or Matterhorn from that footbridge.

Is it possible he is seeing Whorl Mountain instead, which is blocking out Matterhorn Peak?

Jim
July 04, 2009 11:55AM
Hmmm... I could be wrong. Someone prove me wrong.
Maybe just a glimpse of them?
Nothing that I can remember that is "wow".
Now from McGee Lake... that one is a "wow... Conness".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login