Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (61% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Technical Question

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Technical Question
April 27, 2007 05:00PM
To preface, I love this forum grinning smiley
Are there any plans to upgrade the forum? I've been hanging around on a Death Valley forum http://www.death-valley.net/forum/index.php and I really like the setup. The different categories are interesting. Also, when I check the box that says "email me responses" it actually works. For some reason, on this forum, it doesn't work. I also like how on the other forum you can send people messages.

So anyway, any thoughts, eeek?

I don't have a clue how forums work and how much programming is involved, so take this with a grain of salt smiling smiley Feel free to tell me what a pain it is to change stuff.
April 27, 2007 05:15PM
I do have plans for an upgrade. But there are a few issues to solve first.

May 02, 2007 12:51PM
eeek, Let me know if you need help with this. This site has been a great resource for me and I'd like to offer my help with taking it to the next level.
May 02, 2007 02:26PM
Thanks, but it's mostly an issue with updating the server to a newer php and getting the postgresql support for the forum package to be stable. Plus I have to write a postgresql version of the update script before I can move the current posts.

May 02, 2007 05:37PM
wow, an animated REI graphic ad.
high tech.
July 12, 2007 08:19PM
A preview of what I'm looking at:

http://dating.blameitonlove.com/

July 12, 2007 10:39PM
Is there a way to view the replies without clicking on every one? On this forum, you can view a threaded view or flat view. I like that. I like to see all the posts at once, not click on every reply to read it. Can you do that with the forum you linked to? Thanks.
July 13, 2007 12:11AM
letterknit wrote:

> Is there a way to view the replies without clicking on every
> one? On this forum, you can view a threaded view or flat view.
> I like that. I like to see all the posts at once, not click
> on every reply to read it. Can you do that with the forum you
> linked to? Thanks.

Yeah, right now it's buried in the control center stuff. I'm looking at making it a link like it is here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login