Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (81% of Full)

Advanced

Re: What to do if a coyote stalks

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar What to do if a coyote stalks
November 11, 2009 06:46AM
What to do if a coyote stalks
http://www.sacbee.com/846/story/2318842.html
MILWAUKEE -- I was stalked by a coyote once.
It was May 2003. Energized by recent warmth and rain, the Vernon County landscape was greening and growing all around.
I was seated, camouflaged and still, in a dense tangle on the lip of a coulee. Facing downhill toward some roosted turkeys, I scratched a slate call in a yelping accompaniment to the rising sun.
Spring turkey hunting places a premium on stealth and stillness. I would make a few notes, then sit and listen, hoping for a feathered reply.
The twig snapped to the east and slightly behind me.......

(This article not a precisely accurate story but interesting summary. I am wishing for more info on this coyote attack event in Canada.)

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2009 07:18AM by Frank Furter.
avatar Re: What to do if a coyote stalks
November 11, 2009 07:33AM
Yeah, we haven't heard the last word on the death of the young woman but hopefully a reasonable explanation will come out.

What to do if stalked by a coyote? Stop acting like a turkey.

Old Dude
avatar Re: What to do if a coyote stalks
November 12, 2009 02:00PM
The only time a wild animal in the dog family ever deliberately came towards me instead of running away was a fox with an advanced stage of rabies and a horrible case of mange. I was a teenager at the time. I saw it in a cow pasture while riding my bicycle, jumped off the bike and tried to chase it in the field. Instead, it trotted towards me and seemed to be acting erratically. I got out of there and reported it to the police chief. He arrived later, found it still in the same field and put it out of its misery.

Jim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login