Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (55% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Confusion over Snowmobile Plan Response

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Confusion over Snowmobile Plan Response
November 28, 2009 07:47AM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hDq_dpfQ7Lj5Gfqv9koB4imA3ndAD9C6L4HG0
Wyoming won't try to block park snowmobile plan

By BEN NEARY (AP) – Nov 25

CHEYENNE, Wyo. — With less than a month to go before snowmobile season roars to life again in Yellowstone National Park, litigation continues to swirl over a new federal cap on the maximum daily number of machines.

Wyoming Attorney General Bruce Salzburg said Tuesday the state doesn't plan to seek an injunction against a new Park Service rule that limits the number of snowmobiles entering Yellowstone this winter and next to less than half what had allowed in recent years......

Or maybe it will:
Nov 27, 2009
http://thegovmonitor.com/world_news/united_states/wyoming-challenges-u-s-national-park-service-over-yellowstone-plan-17005.html

Governor Dave Freudenthal and the State of Wyoming are challenging a snowmobile-related rule the U.S. National Park Service has adopted for Yellowstone National Park this winter.

“Nothing has changed since the Park Service introduced this proposed winter use plan last month. This policy continues the Park Service’s unacceptable pattern of limiting public access to the public’s lands,” Freudenthal said.....

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2009 08:27AM by Frank Furter.
avatar Re: Confusion over Snowmobile Plan Response
November 29, 2009 07:39AM
Exactly why are Yellowstone and Glacier NOT designated wilderness?
avatar Re: Confusion over Snowmobile Plan Response
November 29, 2009 10:01AM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Re: Confusion over Snowmobile Plan Response
November 29, 2009 10:48PM
I've been watching the snowmobile debacle for a goodly number of years, and all I do is get confused over which judge happens to be presiding. I still have yet to learn the criteria of what determines which federal judge can intervene. I believe a judge from Missoula (?) has ruled, as well as one from Washington, DC and a judge in Cheyenne, Wyoming. If I'm correct about the Missoula-based judge, he is in the jurisdiction of the 9th. Circuit Court of Appeals based in San Francisco, and the Wyoming judge is in in the jurisdiction of the 10th. Circuit Court of Appeals based in Denver. I'm not certain about the judge in DC.

I quit believing everything I read and heard when the NPS released photographs of fee collectors wearing carpenter dust masks. Not only are the masks ineffective against carbon monoxide emissions, but the West Entrance Ranger Station is equipped with a positive pressure ventilation system that prevents outside emissions from entering the kiosk. The dust mask was a ruse to fool the public, and I cannot help but feel if you do it once, you'll do it again and again.

So, if anyone can come up with truthful information about this issue, I would sure like to see it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login