Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (80% of Full)

Rocketlawyer.com

Advanced

Re: Road to Glacier Point

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Road to Glacier Point
April 01, 2003 01:52PM
<HTML>On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the low side, how scary is it to drive the Glacier Point road if you are terrified of heights?</HTML>
avatar Re: Road to Glacier Point
April 02, 2003 02:47PM
<HTML>It's not really very scary unless you can't handle mountain roads at all. You'd probably find many of the other roads in the park to have worse sections.</HTML>

Re: Road to Glacier Point
April 21, 2003 09:50PM
<HTML>I didn't find the road to Glacier Point to be bad at all. The one that got my attention was coming down from Tioga Pass. Glacier Point's not bad until you walk up to the rail and look down.</HTML>
avatar Re: Road to Glacier Point
May 05, 2003 12:52PM
<HTML>Probably the most scary part of Glacier Point Road is the last quarter mile before the Glacier Point parking lot when you see a 70 foot long charter bus coming right at you while it tries to navigate one of the extremely narrow and tight hairpin turns near the end of the road. I think the speed limit is 10mph on that stretch of road.

Other than that, it's a pretty easy mountain road to drive.

Rating 1 - 10: I'll rate it a 3.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login