Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (73% of Full)

Advanced

Re: FAA Considering Passenger Ban

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar FAA Considering Passenger Ban
December 27, 2009 09:12PM
WASHINGTON, DC—Seeking to address "the number-one threat to airline security," the Federal Aviation Administration announced Monday that it will consider banning passengers on all domestic and international commercial flights.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/27687
avatar Re: FAA Considering Passenger Ban
December 28, 2009 07:22AM
eeek
WASHINGTON, DC—Seeking to address "the number-one threat to airline security," the Federal Aviation Administration announced Monday that it will consider banning passengers on all domestic and international commercial flights.

In a related announcement, the NPS has determined that people are the source of the summertime crowds in Yosemite Valley.
December 28, 2009 07:28AM
All seriousness aside, how would you handle or change airport security?

This morning there is a related news report of a Nigerian locking himself in the airplane bathroom that caused a security action, are we going to see the locks removed from the toilets?

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
December 28, 2009 01:52PM
Frank Furter
are we going to see the locks removed from the toilets?

Maybe they'll just remove the toilets?
December 28, 2009 04:29PM
I'd rather have the bomb threat.

Old Dude
December 28, 2009 07:15PM
They are not going to let us use the toilets anyway. This is really going to put limits on the mile high club.
eye popping smiley
December 28, 2009 07:24PM
Frank Furter
All seriousness aside, how would you handle or change airport security?

This morning there is a related news report of a Nigerian locking himself in the airplane bathroom that caused a security action, are we going to see the locks removed from the toilets?

On the serious side I think at the very least anybody on the watch list needs to get the full search treatment on every flight if they are still going to let them fly. From what I can tell, just having your name on a watch list is meaningless when it comes to flying. Who's watching? Certainly not TSA.

As usual, the ban on movement, cary-on bag access, etc. one hour before touchdown is typical over the top kneejerk reaction. I don't believe it is constructive.
December 28, 2009 07:26PM
Is this a TSA manager?

http://is.gd/5CDl3

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2009 08:46PM by eeek.
December 28, 2009 08:24PM
I guess we are not going to be able to bring any white powder on board from now on. Have to get by without flea, foot, or jock itch powder. Nigerian ruined it for everyone:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB126195987401406861.html?mod=article-outset-box

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2009 08:53PM by Frank Furter.
December 29, 2009 11:37AM
Another suggestion:

All baggage and carry-on prohibited.
Remove all toilet facilities.
Passengers fly naked.
All body orifices subject to probing prior to boarding.

White flag
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login