Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Deer in Yosemite

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (59% of Full)

Advanced

Glacier Point Rd Access

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Glacier Point Rd Access
April 20, 2003 10:58PM
<HTML>I am visiting Yosemite the first week in May, and was planning to do some hiking/birding along Glacier Pt Rd (Bridalveil campground area, McGurk & Peregoy meadows). Will the road be open to these locations in early May? Will I be able to reach Glacier Point this week?</HTML>
avatar Re: Glacier Point Rd Access
April 21, 2003 01:57PM
<HTML>The road is currently closed and probably won't open until late May.</HTML>

Re: Glacier Point Rd Access
May 08, 2003 11:17PM
<HTML>Any updates on when access for Glacier Point Rd. will commence? I'm planning on being in Yosemite on the 18th and 19th of May, and wonder if it's worth staying in the Fish Camp area for a night for the purpose of getting out to Glacier Point. With the weather as it is, I'm thinking the better bet is to hike from the Valley floor.</HTML>
avatar Re: Glacier Point Rd Access
May 08, 2003 11:22PM
<HTML>I don't think there's much of a chance for the road being open by the 19th of May. Currently highway 41 has chain restrictions--that's not exactly normal for this time of year.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login