Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (72% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Re: Camp 4/ Sunnyside Walk-in

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Camp 4/ Sunnyside Walk-in
July 02, 2007 12:13PM
I'll be heading to Camp 4 in yosemite in a few weeks. I intend to get there on a Thursday morning. There will only be a few people in my group that night. Does anyone have any suggestion about what time to show up in the morning?

Also are we allowed to stay at Camp 4 for multiple days?

any help would be much appreciated

July 02, 2007 12:45PM
Yes, you can stay at Camp 4 multiple days. I would suggest reserving multiple days up front, it can be a pain to add days later because then you have to stand in line again. If there isn't room, you could be out of luck & have to move.
Some people sleep in line, so your best bet is to get there as early as you can. But don't be too discouraged... just because the line is long doesn't mean you won't get a spot. It just depends how full the campground is...you may or may not get a spot. If you can't get there til later in the day you probably wouldn't have to wait in line... but there may or may not be spots available.

What will you be doing while you're visiting Yosemite?

Post Edited (07-02-07 14:45)
July 02, 2007 01:00PM
Hanging out, hiking, exploring, rock climbing.
1/2 of my friends will rock climb the other 1/2 won't. I love climbing and will try to do as much of it as I can.
If I have some friends that arrive late friday, can I hold them a spot or will it probably not even be a problem?
avatar Re: Camp 4/ Sunnyside Walk-in
July 02, 2007 03:12PM
I went (driving or shuttle) past Camp 4 several times over the past two weeks. There's a chain-link fence (covered with sheeting) erected in front and they're doing some sort of construction or work in front. At first glance it looked like Camp 4 was no longer in operation, until a different angle revealed all the tents.

Anyone know what the fences in front are for?

July 03, 2007 03:00AM
My guess would be that it's the old gas station site.

July 05, 2007 02:42PM
It's just fencing to enclose park supplies.
July 06, 2007 09:18AM
UZUMATI wrote:

> It's just fencing to enclose park supplies.

I also noticed construction equipment - might have been a bulldozer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login