Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (58% of Full)

Advanced

Re: New Buildings at Camp Curry?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

New Buildings at Camp Curry?
July 05, 2007 07:36PM
On my recent trip to the Valley I was surprised to see that several new apartment-like buildings were built west of Curry Village near the raft/bike rental shop.

Does anyone know anything about these buildings? Are they for employees or guests?

It bummed me out because they built them right in the middle of the old trail I would always take to get from housekeeping to the curry village pizza stand. There used to be a little sign around there that talked about the old toboggan slide and you could see part of the slope where it used to be. I think the slope is still visible but I couldn't find the sign.
Re: New Buildings at Camp Curry?
July 06, 2007 04:57AM
I think it's employee housing.
avatar Re: New Buildings at Camp Curry?
July 12, 2007 12:43AM
Yes, it's employee housing.

Kind of funny (and I don't mean to be too negative here). But I saw a sign that gave the reasons why this employee housing was of benefit to visitors to Yosemite...one of the reasons given was that it made the employees happier and therefor more friendly to the visitors. Ironically, on that visit the park employees I ran across were the rudest I'd ever experienced. I guess anyone can have a bad day - even in Yosemite.

Post Edited (07-12-07 02:44)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login