Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (59% of Full)

Rocketlawyer.com

Advanced

Re: Tungsten Underwear Marketed for Scanner Privacy

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Tungsten Underwear Marketed for Scanner Privacy
November 26, 2010 06:12PM
A Las Vegas businessman has invented a special underwear with a strategically placed fig leaf design to get modest passengers through the airport screeners with their dignity intact......

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/8152047/Fig-leaf-knickers-protect-passengers-privates-from-airport-scanners.html

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
avatar Re: Tungsten Underwear Marketed for Scanner Privacy
November 27, 2010 07:24AM
November 27, 2010 02:32PM
Ha those are great but after reading this blog post it seems like if you wear something like that you will be subjected to an even more personal search

http://blog.gladrags.com/2010/11/24/tsa-groin-searches-menstruating-woman/
November 27, 2010 11:56PM
I would think that anything out of the ordinary ( from the perspective of the TSA officer ) would bring closer scrutiny. If they see something they can't identify, or see, you'll get pulled aside for the special treatment.
November 28, 2010 06:56AM
I agree that the anything unusual will trigger a more invasive search. You may even get a deep body cavity exam along the way. If there is a belief that examining everyone down to the skin is actually helpful there are better options-- personally, I am amazed that the TSA has not just created "male" and "female" inspection rooms similar to any athletic/sports/military/industrial dressing/shower rooms. This would be low tech, cheaper, and more consistent with cultural norms across the world.

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
November 28, 2010 07:04AM
I vote for totally naked decontamination processing rooms where you get shaved, showered, punctured, sprayed, irradiated, and regowned with special air travel wear before stepping on the plane. Check-in four hours prior to take-off. Thank you for flying ---------- Airlines. We look forward to your next visit.
November 30, 2010 04:56PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login