Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Fabric Softener Sheets Repel Gnats

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Fabric Softener Sheets Repel Gnats
December 15, 2010 06:45PM
ScienceDaily (Dec. 15, 2010) — For years, gardeners have claimed that putting Bounce® fabric softener sheets in their pockets is an effective way to repel pests like mosquitoes and gnats. Any Internet search will uncover countless articles about the bug-repelling properties of Bounce®. Are these claims valid or simply folklore?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/12/101215102308.htm
avatar Re: Fabric Softener Sheets Repel Gnats
December 15, 2010 08:00PM
I had someone tell me they will keep rodents out of your engine compartment. The little brats used them for nesting material. I guess they wanted to repel gnats too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2010 08:00PM by Dave.
Re: Fabric Softener Sheets Repel Gnats
December 16, 2010 09:54AM
The host at one of the campgrounds at Courtright told me he'd had marmots chewing on his engine parts while there and that dryer sheets kept them out of his engine block.
December 16, 2010 11:26AM
I used a cheap brand and the rodent used it as nesting material. The study was done with "Bounce" so maybe I'll try that. Or the varmits in my area like the smell of that stuff.
December 16, 2010 12:42PM
Another case of animals being smarter than humans.
They know better than to willingly breathe the foul perfumes emanating from those sheets.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login