Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tuolumne Meadows and Lembert Dome during a summer storm, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (77% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Chickens for jets

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 14, 2011 09:45PM
Lockheed Martin nearly sold Thailand F-16s in exchange for several boatloads of frozen chickens.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/business/2011/03/lockheed-martin-frozen-chicken/35628/
March 15, 2011 12:47AM
You trying to make me look at my buddy in a different light? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
March 15, 2011 02:24PM
I can't help but wonder how Lockheed planned to sell 160 million lbs of chickens. Even if they could, it still sounds like a bad deal. How much do you think just one F-16 costs? Jon Stuart would have fun with this one.
March 15, 2011 02:57PM
tomdisco
Jon Stuart would have fun with this one.

They had fun with it here: http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=35&prgDate=03-12-2011
March 15, 2011 04:11PM
So, last night, I originally began to write my reply with some math breaking down the price per chicken... but I backed off cuz I did not know how many airplanes are part of the deal and I figured you guys would be all over me on that. I did find that the retail price of an F16 is around 45 million- I figure "discounts" must be factored in... So I can at least share that.

I also found and recalled that the pentagon sold hammers for $600 or so years back. So on that solid fact alone, I think these chickens maybe priced to sell. eye rolling smiley
avatar How chickens keep their cool
March 15, 2011 07:53PM
avatar Re: How chickens keep their cool
March 15, 2011 08:20PM
Chick-on's better looking brother.

Old Dude
avatar Re: How chickens keep their cool
March 17, 2011 11:34AM
I just read in today's paper in a local article (NC) that the majority of Americans don't as a general rule even like dark meat chcken. Because of this the large US producers have to export up to 20% of their chicken meat to other countries who favor it over white meat. What in the world would we do with a huge influx of chicken meat inventory when we are chicken meat exporters? Of course, the Pentagon can't be bothered with these small details. Good thing the deal fell through.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login