Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (72% of Full)

Advanced

Tioga Road

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October 17, 2007 09:23AM
Tioga Road and Glacier Point Road are currently closed. It is not know if they will be re-opening.

October 17, 2007 12:48PM
Both roads are now open again.

October 17, 2007 01:14PM
What's up with the web cam? Last photo is dated Oct. 6
October 17, 2007 01:22PM
Vince wrote:

> What's up with the web cam? Last photo is dated Oct. 6

It's probably running windoze and nobody has het the reset button lately winking smiley

October 18, 2007 11:32AM
Last week when I was in Yosemite, waiting to see if I could get a campsite for the night, I chatted with a couple from Nevada. When they entered at Tioga Pass the ranger told them that a storm was coming in and that it was possible that the road could be closed. Assuming the roads were kept open all year, she said "Oh, we'll just stay a couple of extra days". The ranger just laughed.

They were a little anxious to find out that "closed" could mean closed for the winter. smiling smiley Of course, as it turned out, they had nothing to worry about.

Post Edited (10-18-07 15:21)
Re: Tioga Road
October 18, 2007 12:12PM
sierranomad wrote:

> They were a little anxious to find out that "closed" could mean
> closed for the winter. smiling smiley
>

Yes, when I read the first message, I was not happy, as I'm heading there in a few days and was hoping to use the Glacier point road for Sentinel Dome etc. and maybe the Pano trail.

Then I read the second message and all was well. At least assuming nothing major happens in the next week.

Gary
Yosemite Photo Galleries: http://www.pbase.com/roberthouse/yo
October 18, 2007 12:19PM
The weather should be fair and clear into the middle of next week after the weekend. I'm going to be going into the valley from Carson City on Tuesday and I'm expecting clear roads and sky.

Post Edited (10-18-07 14:21)

Old Dude
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login