Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (55% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Volunteers help maintain section of Pacific Crest Trail

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Volunteers help maintain section of Pacific Crest Trail
May 13, 2011 03:46PM
An Earth Day event on the Pacific Crest Trail began at 7:30 A.M. Saturday April 23 with a tailgate safety briefing at the entrance to Snow Creek Village. About a dozen people from the U.S. Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, Pacific Crest Trail Association, and volunteers from the Desert Trails Coalition and Snow Creek Residents participated in maintenance on about a one-mile section of the PCT just outside the Village in the Santa Rosa & San Jacinto Mountains National Monument, by clearing brush overgrowth and tread work.

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/info/newsbytes/2011/480xtra_earthday_pct.html

May 16, 2011 01:23PM
We should all volunteer to work on trails (except Bill E-G and Chick-on and Tom Disco (they don't use em))wink

I am a Trails Forever volunteer and work every 3rd Sat on trials in the GGNRA (Golden Gate National Rec Area). It's really fun, beautiful and keeps me in shape.

National Trails day Sat June 4th!
avatar Re: Volunteers help maintain section of Pacific Crest Trail
May 17, 2011 10:07AM
Grandpa James,
I commend you and all your brethren that workie on the trails.
And I thank you.

Chick-on is looking at you!
May 17, 2011 10:48AM
chick-on
Grandpa James,
I commend you and all your brethren that workie on the trails.
And I thank you.

thanks bro!
avatar Re: Volunteers help maintain section of Pacific Crest Trail
May 17, 2011 01:15PM
James,

Actually I do use trails most of the time. Last year was an exception when I went over Echo peaks. It's all bill-e-g's fault. He talked me into it. Glad I did it but it's not something I would do again alone. This year I will be off trail with a hiking partner just briefly enough to bag Volunteer Peak.

Jim Backpacker
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login