Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (56% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Snow shoeing

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 19, 2008 11:38AM
Show shoes should be on sale by the time I get around to going to Mariposa Grove.

Badger Pass snowshoe story from Union-Democrat

I also found this photo in my email, it's cute:

May we come in? It's cold out here

January 19, 2008 05:05PM
Awww...the picture is so cute.
January 19, 2008 10:31PM
lisa1 wrote:

> Awww...the picture is so cute.

I don't know about that. I'm still thinking of last summer when I came back from Tahoe with my (now) wife and saw a deer in the right lane of US-50 near Placerville. Fortunately for us, the deer stayed in the right lane. Unfortunately for it, a large Dodge pickup truck was a little behind us and in the right lane. We didn't actually see the impact, but we heard something that sounded like an explosion, and later noticed the Dodge pickup's bumper was hanging at a strange angle after it passed us. Put two and two together, and we guessed that Bambi didn't make it home that night.

I live in the Berkeley Hills and I see blacktailed deer several times a week. They've kind of lost their appeal for me.

January 19, 2008 10:52PM
I hit a suicidal deer a couple years ago. Not fun. The picture is still good, though! I'm a cat person...
January 21, 2008 02:52PM
Well - I'm just glad we avoided it because a Honda Civic wasn't likely to survive such an impact as well as a full-size Dodge pickup.

I loved the snowshoe walk last Feb and am looking to go back this Feb with my wife. Maybe one of the full-moon walks. Our ranger was Shelton Johnson, who has been a wonderful source of information whenever I've met him. We didn't run down the hill, but we did have lots of snow coming down.

January 21, 2008 03:07PM
y_p_w wrote:

> Well - I'm just glad we avoided it because a Honda Civic wasn't
> likely to survive such an impact as well as a full-size Dodge
> pickup.

I know from personal experience that a Honda Accord can survive hitting an adult bear.

January 23, 2008 12:42PM
Vince,
,A friend saw the deer/cat photo and wants to put it on his web site. Do you have any idea who it belongs to so he can ask permission to use it?
January 26, 2008 10:34AM
I don't know, I got it in email from my sister, and it was a forward of a forward of a ... well you know.

Anyway the origin of the photo is from Mt. Jewett, PA.

Back to the subject: I'll try snowshoeing up to Mariposa Grove looks like Feb. 16 or 17 and just tape the car race...hopefully the firefall will be going. Usually there is a weeklong warm spell in early Feb, let's hope for clear weather.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login