Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (90% of Full)

Advanced

Bear Locker Tenaya Lake?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 21, 2008 02:33PM
Are there bear lockers at the west end of Tenaya Lake near the trail to Sunrise Lake and camp. I believe there is a picnic area near this end of the lake but cannot remember if there are bear lockers.
Thanks
avatar Re: Bear Locker Tenaya Lake?
March 21, 2008 03:00PM
That's where I started my trip last June, and they've got about (I seem to recall) four decent sized bear boxes near the pit toilet. It's fairly shaded, but it'll probably receive some sun in the afternoon.

Or at least that's where the hikers' bus dropped me off last June.

If that doesn't work for you, maybe leave your stuff in the Valley backpackers' parking lot. That has over a dozen bear boxes, although it wouldn't be advised to put a lock. I saw one lock, and it was cut off less than an hour when I went back to my car. Regardless of where you store your food, just mark your return date somewhere so the NPS doesn't clear out your stuff prematurely.

avatar Re: Bear Locker Tenaya Lake?
March 22, 2008 04:30AM
Actually, I think that there are around a dozen or so bear boxes located there (or, at least, used to be as of May 2007).

There is/was a cluster of them immediately to the left of the trailhead at the eastern end of the parking area and several more to the right of the trailhead strung along the periphery of the parking lot.

Post Edited (03-22-08 04:33)

THE YOSEMITE POST
Voice of the Rocky Marmot Empire
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login